EEA has extensive experience executing projects for government organizations of all sizes, with some work involved cleared personnel and classified information. EEA plans to incorporate CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) standards to protect sensitive government data when the time comes. Our process begins with a deep understanding of the project-specific requirements, as well as all applicable codes, standards, and design criteria such as the UFCs and Installation Design Guides for each installation.
Federal Government and Military
The responsibilities of the US Government organizations are extremely varied, resulting in facilities with very different functional requirements depending on the mission. EEA has extensive experience working in both existing facilities and new construction projects for The Department of Defense, Department of Energy, Department of Veterans Affairs, and the General Services Administration. We are sensitive to security needs as well as maintaining operations of medical and high tech facilities throughout the construction process.
We are able to schedule work around the needs of the stakeholders and employees to create a project timeline that accounts for the need to ensure that operations are maintained without interruption.
As a featured project for our Federal Government Sector, we present our design for the GSA JJ Pickle Federal Office Building, a 9 story above grade, 292,900 sq ft design build office and lab space renovation.
Design-Build Projects for Government & Military
Government and military organizations are known for their rigorous schedules. EEA understands that collaboration between the owner, design team, and construction team is crucial to meet these demanding schedules. Our many successful experiences with design-build projects demonstrate that we are well able to deliver significant value to the owner within this contract structure.
Using Resources Wisely
We are supportive of government initiatives to reduce energy usage in both new and existing facilities and are able to help achieve meaningful savings with both our Commissioning and Energy Audit Services, in addition to full-service MEP Design.
EEA has Federal Healthcare experience with the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Department of Veterans Affairs. We understand the unique challenges and specialized requirements within a healthcare setting, especially when providing services for renovation-type work in active environments and the continuity of care is critically important. When it comes to these types of projects, EEA is well versed in UFC 4-510-01 for Military Medical Facilities, as well as the PG-18-10 Design Manuals for VA projects.
Federal Government Experience
US Army Corps of Engineers
- USACE Fort Worth District – Unaccompanied Enlisted Personnel Housing – Joint Base San Antonio, TX (Design-Build)
- USACE Fort Worth District – SAMMC-N Fire Station – Joint Base San Antonio, TX (Design-Build)
- USACE Fort Worth District – Controlled Space Complex – Fort Hood, TX (Design- Build)
- USACE – Retro Commissioning – Fort Polk, LA
- USACE Mobile District – Site Prep Automated Chemistry Analyzer System, Brooke Army Medical Center – Joint Base San Antonio, TX (Design-Build)
- USACE, Mobile District – Repair Data Center Infrastructure Deficiency, Brooke Army Medical Center – Joint Base San Antonio, TX (Design-Build)
- USACE, Mobile District, Repair Load Shed / Load Restore System, Brooke Army Medical Center, Joint Base San Antonio, TX (Design-Build)
- USACE, Mobile District, B3611 Electrical Investigation and Coordination, US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Joint Base San Antonio, TX (Design-Build)
US Air Force
- AFCEC, Renovate 317th Headquarters, 6015, Dyess AFB, TX (Design-Build)
- AFCEC, Renovate Deployment Control Center, 4309, Dyess AFB, TX (Design-Build)
- NAVFAC Southeast, Building 3112 Security Modernization, Joint Base Charleston, SC (Design-Build)
Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Upgrade Inpatient Pharmacy IV Compounding Room, Audie L. Murphy, San Antonio, TX
- VA Upgrade Oncology Pharmacy, Audie L. Murphy Division – San Antonio, TX
- VA CRRC MH Modular Building Site Prep through the VISN 17 IDIQ MACC, Veterans Rehab and Resource Center – Dallas, TX (Design-Build)
- VA Lease 1A, Mett II, Building 5 Lease Space Commissioning – Austin, TX
- VA Outpatient Clinic Commissioning – Corpus Christi, TX
General Services Administration
- GSA – Phase II – Interior Repairs & Renovations for the JJ Pickle Federal Building – Austin, TX (Design-Build)
- GSA Region 7 IDIQ – New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas
EEA is involved with the following organizations:
Since 2003, we have designed more than 2.7 million square feet of LEED-certified space.
Government entities are entrusted with tax-payer dollars, and we understand how this elevates the importance of making effective use of these resources.